The Bittersweet Taste of MotherhoodThe Bittersweet Taste of Motherhood

Recent Posts

Monday, October 06, 2008

The Bittersweet Taste of Motherhood

The lack of posts last week was due primarily to what has been my number one priority for the last eighteen years - to see my oldest son graduate and go off to college. I spent the week dealing with a wide range of emotions, too. I was happy to see my son prepare for a new chapter in his life (it's a new chapter for me, too). I am sad to see him leave because he makes me laugh incessantly with his odd humor (he gets that from me). I am also nervous about him being in the world and I can no longer protect him from the big bad wolf (or not-so-nice girls). But as we were driving on Friday, I could not contain my emotions as tears rolled down my cheek at the thought that my little baby (well he wasn't so little as a baby - he's 6'4", 200 pounds now) is on his own. There isn't any love in the world that compares to how I love my sons. It can not be defined in words. So I am spending today regrouping and starting my journey forward on a similar path with my youngest son to his adulthood. Here's to change! New posts will start tomorrow.

6 comments:

Affairs With Elegance said...

Janice, he'll be fine...and so will you for that matter. Take comfort in knowing that you've raised him right and he'll remember all that you've taught him over the years.

Janice, Editor-in-Chief said...

Thanks, LaKendra!!

P.S. I love this... said...

Awww, I got misty just reading that. Your son will do well in his next station in life. You can bask in your accomplishment of raising a wonderful man-child.

Janice, Editor-in-Chief said...

thanks, dear!!

Kelley Woods Makeup said...

Oh Janice I am just seeing this and catching up on your post... I know it was emotional..
hugs...

geez, I almost felt like I was in the car with you..

It will definitely be okay, because he has a great mother like you;-)

Janice, Editor-in-Chief said...

thanks, kelley