The Bridal Wishlist Outing: A Fab WeekendThe Bridal Wishlist Outing: A Fab Weekend

Recent Posts

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Bridal Wishlist Outing: A Fab Weekend

What a weekend. I had a ball and the weather could not have been better. For a full recap head on over to The Capitol Fashionista.


Here's what I did on Saturday. What a Saturday!



Wow! What a Saturday. Despite missing my early train, I did finally get to Brooklyn to the fab Galapagos Art Space in DUMBO for an amazing event, The B-List organized by Vané Broussard (The Brooklyn Bride) and Anne Chertoff (Wedded Bits and From "I Will" to "I Do"). What a fantastic job these beautiful women did organizing this event! They pulled together one of the best planned events that I have attended in years. There was great ambience, great food, great wine, and great company. There were discussions about a range of topics like blogging as a business. It was so good to finally put faces to women that I talk to via email or read their blogs daily. It was also great to ask about their experiences in the blogosphere. Sometimes you can feel a little isolated from your fellow bloggers. We left the conference and headed over to Michelle Preli, editor-in-chief of Brides.com for a wine tasting(along with chocolate and cheese) produced by Swirl Events. It was great to meet Michelle and to kick back, taste a little wine and really get to know my blogging colleagues. When I left, I felt like I had made new friends and felt very connected to my sisters in wedding blogging.

THE SPACE - Galapagos Art Space
The space in in Brooklyn in the DUMBO area between both the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges. What a cool area and a great space. When I first arrived, I thought the space was an odd place to have a wedding but by 3 pm when we were packing up to leave, they were setting up for a wedding and boy did it all make sense to me then. What an amazing space to have a wedding.

THE FOOD - Sterling Affair Catering
The food was catered by Sterling Affair Catering. It was so delish. There were tasty wraps and sandwiches and pasta dishes and other yummy dishes. I would highly recommend them for your next event. I wanted seconds!

THE CAKE - Mark Joseph Cakes
Okay. I absolutely detest raspberries but Mark Randazzo has made me a believer. Any person that can make me crave raspberries, can make me a cake anyday, any time. We got to taste one of his masterpieces and I must say that it was to die for. He made the raspberry filling taste like a little piece of heaven. Definitely had two pieces. LOL

THE PHOTOGRAPHER - Jenny Ebert Photography
Jenny Ebert is one of the most delightful and beautiful women that I have ever met. Oh, and by the way, she is an amazing photographer. She documented the day in a way that will provide all of us with such wonderful lasting memories. I can't wait to see the pictures. As soon as the pictures are posted, I will post them here. For now, go to her site and see for yourself what an eye she has for capturing that moment.

THE GOODIES - Thoughtful Day and love*jenna
You have to love goodie bags and boy did we have goodie bags. Our very own B-List tote bag was designed by Thoughtful Day and I adore my bag. It got a little dirty when it rubbed up against my car and I was having a little cow. It is so beautiful, I didn't want it to get dirty. LOL! Our name tags were handwritten in gorgeous calligraphy by Jenna of love*jenna. Need a calligrapher, check her out! Beautiful work.

THE SPONSORS
Here's a list of all of the very generous sponsors from Saturday's events. If you have a wedding need, I am sure that one of the fab vendors could more than help you with making your very modern wedding day a smash hit. I will spotlighting several of our sponsors and advertisers every day so that you can get to know them a little better.

Abigail Kirsch, Bella Bridesmaid, Blue Ribbon Design, Blue Orchid Designs, Blurg, Chronicle Books, City Pass, Delphine Press, Fresh, Fritts Rosenow, Gumdrop Cookie Co., Hallak Cleaners, Hello Super8, INK+WIT, Iomoi, Jennifer Behr, Jessica Rust Designs, JimmyJane, Jones Soda, Karen Wise, Linda + Harriett, Minted, Mohawk Paper, Nantaka Joy, NELLE Handbags, Nunu Chocolates, OneWed, One Love Photo, Papabubble, Paper+Cup, Paperwink, Poseprints, Ritzy Bee Events, Saipua, Sarah Drake Design, Smock, Sonya Renee, Stuck Labels, Style Made Simple, Two Bees Press, Union Photography, Viv&Ingrid, and Wedding Paper Divas.

THE ADVERTISERS
More folks that you really need to check out. Thanks to the sponsors and advertisers for their generous support of the The B-List!

Poseprints, OneWed, W. Scott Chester, INK+WIT, Jami Saunders Photography, Delphine Letterpress, Oscar+Emma, Jenny Ebert, Vanilla Pink, Eclectic Images, Bella Bridesmaid, Hatch Creative, Julie Mikos, Jessica Rust Designs, Craig Paulson, Samuelle, Denise Fasanello, Nearlyweds, Hallak Cleaners, Karen Wise, Film Jones, Karen Mordechai, Jennifer Behr, and One Love Photo.

0 comments: